Pack trips are a great way to experience all of the wonders that wilderness has to offer. However, it can be physically challenging and will require a certain amount of physical ability to safely enjoy your trip. We strongly recommend riders be in good enough physical shape to mount, dismount, and ride a horse, walk on rough terrain, and other activities involved in wilderness travel. Mountain weather can be inclement, though most of the time it is nice.
All riders must be at least 7 years old to ride.
Below are some physical considerations:
- Weight – MAXIMUM weight of 260lbs (call for special considerations)
- Altitude sickness – if you are sensitive to altitude changes, please consider this as a factor when considering a high Sierra Wilderness trip.
- General Health – if you have health conditions that may present a problem in a wilderness setting please be sure to take all the steps beforehand to mitigate these problems as well as ask your doctor if it is okay for you. (ex heart conditions, asthma, surgeries, etc)
- Allergies- if you are allergic to items that are found in the wilderness and/or horses please come prepared for this on your trip should an allergic event occur (EpiPen, medication)
- Food allergies – (for all inclusive trips) we do our best to talk with you before preparing meals to meet your specials requests, however, because this is a wilderness setting and we are generally cooking for a large group this may require some flexibility on your part (providing your own snacks, etc)